Monday, January 17, 2011

Organizations To Help People

Letter from Guernsey and tea

few days ago I ran into this surprise in the mailbox ... came from the island I visited last summer. I wrote a Christmas at the hotel where I stayed, but no response I would get it ... And figured it would be a card "type" in which they would thank me and little else. But what was my surprise to find the envelope in the mailbox and also containing the card was personalized. Which perfectly agree a and the time when I was there, stuns me. Also ... expect to return. The card apparently, is a painter usually stay in their hotel, but in this case does not portray any landscape of the island. .. His name is Barry Watkin . and from what I've seen on websites, usually paints landscapes, and even a Bed and Breakfast. (I placed a link above)

And thinking about the letters ... I recently saw another film at the cinema which is not bad, although you can choose to see perfectly at home . I comes to mind because there are letters in it, and remember it the Second World War were still present (as also happens in Guernsey). It's about a female journalist who investigates the events in Paris, 1942, when part of France supported Hitler. And while research on these facts, discovered through old letters, documents, etc ... the life of one family, one ... one that lived in the house where she is supposed to keep living. It's called "Sarah The key." The story reconstructs the life of a girl from a very short ... and without knowing how, knowing that life, change the direction of the protagonist. There a book, which is based the film bearing the same title, but I decided to read it. I think it's even released in paperback. Now I have read quite a few books. As always happens to me ... just when I have time to read I do not hand the book I have in my hands, so I start another. But in this case is easy to take simultaneously.

As I write, I have yet Christmas tea (takes almonds, cornflower petals, pieces of apple, orange peel ... a wonderful blend) that I have not finished ...
I I would love to Guernsey ... In fact I still go eye to your photo album, and also the mind escapes sometimes small places and moments that were not recorded in a photo, even though I did a lot. .. No wonder someone wanted to talk about the island and write a book that tell the tragedy they experienced. In fact ... even talking about all this ...
Currently there are no plans to return to the island, but I would love to return someday. It's a place I recommend ... but I say softly ... not very high ... that is not saturated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment