Friday, January 14, 2011

Landing Strip Wax And Gallery

From this and other worlds - CSLewis

So I started the year ... hours after ringing the bell, I read two lines before bed ... it was the book's preface:
"There is no cup of tea large enough or long enough book for my fill ", CSLewis said, a comment that could almost serve as the epigraph to this brief collection. Of course he was serious, because at that time I served him tea in a huge ceramic bowl and was reading Bleak House "
(the preface is written by Walter Hooper, and is so interesting and enjoyable as the book) would add
it depends on the book and tea ... The book talks about this and other worlds, referring to those books of fiction that can sometimes follow liking it. Do not go thinking I've done ... I still have my usual reading rate: slow and if possible with tea before going to the world of dreams ...
The book you can read it at any time and any way ... ... In my case, opening it with your eyes closed and found one specific chapter more or less interesting. It is an essay, a personal opinion about the books that inhabit this and other worlds, and very neglected to have that read, to think that it is children's books.
In one of those moments, in which one opens the book without ... know where I found this:

I like the knuckle but I'm sure that in my childhood I would have liked nothing. However, still liking the lemonade. I call this grow or develop because now I am richer than it was, if previously only enjoyed one thing, now I do both. If I had to go off the lemonade to the knuckle I liked, I would not call that growth, but simple change. Now I like Tolstoy and Jane Austen and Trollope, but also fairy tales, as I call it growth.

This is one of those books that you recommend a friend (who loves reading) and go to the library all decided to take a look and discover how wonderful it is ... only at first sight. That's what happened years ago, because I think it takes me a whopping four years. Despite being so different from other books, and also stay in a person's thinking ... thinking about what makes you think what you read, why read this and not the other, what type of reading which you most excited you or did you stop reading that book ... Well, to me, has raised these questions ...
I'll tell you more about it when more data you have ...

In this long time I have been absent from this world where I usually sit around with tea included ... have been some different things, including some changes. Soon, I had dismissed (some distant and higher and make that great journey, which often do not choose when or where), as well ... music, silence, a thousand and one laughs ... surprises, in order ... moments. That is what life is filled, no? And the odd bit of reading ...
The last day of the year, I planned to make things a different way than it happened ... you know ... there are stories that one can not choose when they have to go ... However, there was a trip to a city that always have something from me, Cáceres, ... to see family, but the stay was shorter than I thought ... despite that, I enjoyed the most intense of the people around me ...

Another thing ... did not expect was to see again Michael Nyman in a single session in the Gran Via in Madrid ... And I had such good luck the opportunity to say something in person, but I know little English ... I was speechless when he saw him in front of me ... Finally I could utter a word and told him to come see him and could I get a picture with him ... I said yes ... well ... things that one goes dead of shame ...

film was also : yesterday, I saw " Of Gods and Men," a film I recommend, because apart from being real ... do not leave indifferent movies. To learn more, visit this page ... here
is hard, let alone thinking it was something that happened in real life. Based on what is left as written and told two of the survivors. It has a large Beauty in how you count and what they convey .... And best ... gestures, glances with each other and the village community where they live. Teaches that one can think differently and therefore not die, and that often is blamed and is generalized to the whole population, when in fact it has VICTIMS and from whom the torturers may seem ....¿ A blame? "At last? How misguided ideas, which is required to be in one way or another? ... Where is freedom really? This film also shows us the difficulties of these people to decide what to do ... stay and continue with the population they serve or leave and save their own lives ... ... wonder what life would be if they abandon those who trust in them ... it really pure reflection. There are also many moments of silence. Really surprised me ...
... At this time there were also visits from friends, family ... all welcome. And it came back to everyday life ... this year with more enthusiasm and receiving good news ... because I thought it would not work and seems to be yes ... that moment, in spite of this crisis (and other crises, stock we have been dragging), the moment I continue ... perhaps in other conditions, but ... working! That was the best gift of time.

Their Majesties, the Kings have not been forgotten to stop by and leave some other details that material from distant lands. I will go gradually revealing, but among them were "The Pickwick papers" of Dickens ...

Thanks for the posts ... I do not imagine the great illusion that makes me. And I apologize for not researching better what I read ... it seems that the text actually wrote saying that he belonged to Borges, is not it ... I regret the mistake and many thanks to those who have corrected me. I hope to be more cautious in the future.
I will visit ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment