Saturday, October 30, 2010

Popped Blood Vessel In Mouth

chestnuts, apples and Don Juan Tenorio

the evening ... As I walked through the streets of Santiago ... I discovered a sort of steam engine, which was actually an oven to make some delicious roasted chestnuts or so called "calbotes." I could not help it: I saw and I decided to take a dozen ... I love to taste and smell of roasted casatañas ...
At this time, very near where I live, often putting his job a woman who is dedicated to roasting chestnuts every year. Most likely this weekend I'll come to see the theatrical representation of Don Juan Tenorio. And take a few to face the cold, and that the work represents outdoors.

The city where I live wears Dona Ines and Don Juan (remember that there once was a party at this time ... in which we dress up as girls Don Juan , and Doña Inés kids ... there are pictures that attest).

before, long ago ... the theater was traveling ... and the scenes "traveled" through the city ... So one stood better in some than in others, and that allowed it to move it fewer cold. There were also those who wanted to see a particular scene, simply, and they stayed still, waiting for players reached the stage. There were scenes near the Cathedral other near the University ... He was very nice, the truth is I liked it better now ...

Now all the work is done in the Bishop's Garden itinirante and also, but within recent. I like going to see some scenes each year. I've only seen it twice ... The entire cold is usually so "interesting" that one ceases to feel the hands and feet ... and despite carrying brown gloves and socks ... there are times when you prefer to enter a warm place and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate (which is not bad either). Also, lending have changed ... The Classic has been very and very contemporary ... Zorrilla not think I know the couch to see which states Don Juan, it becomes a bed or sometimes on a motorcycle ... but not bad, really.

Anyway, this Don Juan is having increasing success, and now come actors who also work in television. I think he will do this year is Don Juan Jordi Rebellón (the "Hospital Central"), an actress Ines Dona Ana Santos Backs and Bridget; Lolita ... (yeah!! ... me too ... I was surprised I did not know that was an actress). So This year, despite rain and cold that we expect, I think Huerta will be overflowing.

also around this time, I love to enjoy apple pies, and apple itself ... I think it's the month for excellence. Therefore, there is a book that usually accompanies me. Is Henry David Thoreau , and discusses the crab apples. This man left the civilization to live a life in harmony with nature. The apple is a fruit I most enjoy (especially all fruits) but whenever I go to work or sightseeing, with me an apple. Preferably "golden" and well amarillita. Reading the book, published in 1862, think how much has changed the world and nature ... and the reflections that the author states in the book about the little space given to wild nature

hope I can count how was this year's Don Juan ... to see how he gets the love of Doña Inés ... Zorrilla's work, I read as a child, at school and also older .. . It is from these books that are read by obligation. In this case, I prefer to see the play, instead of reading. Every year I pick a scene ... this year I will try to see it all ... we'll see ...
Photos are not mine ... I do not think I'll see Errol Flynn on stage! (Although the cover of the book is the same as coming from "high" with me)

0 comments:

Post a Comment